Positive Charge and City of Whittlesea
To help residents reduce their electricity and gas bills, City of Whittlesea Council has subscribed to Positive Charge.
Positive Charge will provide up-to-date and impartial energy efficiency and renewable energy advice and one-to-one support for the householders, businesses and council staff. So if you are a resident, business owner or council staff member in the Whittlesea municipality and need help managing your energy usage then please call and/or sign up to our monthly e-news.
The independent energy experts at Positive Charge are ready to help you with independent energy efficiency and renewable energy advice. Whether you need a quick question answered, or you require a more detailed consultation, or you would like a visit from one of our energy assessors then we are here to help. Call our helpline for a quick chat during business hours, Mon-Fri on 03 9385 8555.
The City of Whittlesea is rolling out a campaign to assist residents who are considering installing solar on their homes. If you want to know more about how solar works visit our solar information page here. Positive Charge has conducted a rigorous procurement process in order to find a supplier and installer to recommend. To find out more about how we select a supplier you can read our FAQs about the campaign here. You can sign up on line here to receive a quote or call the Positive Charge on 9385 8555 team to further discuss whether or not solar might be right for you.
About City of Whittlesea
Suburbs and geography
We are one of the largest municipalities in metropolitan Melbourne, covering an area of approximately 489 square kilometres.
About 70 per cent of the City is rural area, with the other 30 per cent being urban area, comprising houses, shops and factories.
Our urban area includes:
Bundoora (split with the City of Darebin and City of Banyule)
Doreen (split with Shire of Nillumbik)
Our rural north includes:
Beveridge (split with Shire of Mitchell)
Yan Yean (split with Shire of Nillumbik)
We are one of the fastest growing municipalities in Australia and currently welcome around 8000 new residents per year (about 156 a week). On average there are 63 babies born every week in the City of Whittlesea.
Our current population is approximately 202,730 residents, and this is expected to grow to 333,700 persons by 2036.
We are also home to Australia’s fastest growing suburb over the last 10 years - South Morang.
Our growth is not just taking place in our newer suburbs, but there is also massive growth and redevelopment set to take place in our established areas - such as Epping, Thomastown and Lalor.