Our suppliers are secured through a rigorous selection process which meets our standards and those of our partner Councils. The procurement process provides due diligence on product quality, warranty length, cost and customer service. In addition, the solar system components are independently assessed by the Alternative Technology Association (ATA) to ensure they meet high standards.
The suppliers are chosen based on:
- Quality of product,
- Length of warranties,
- Financial sustainability, and
- Shared company values.
Positive Charge conducted a rigorous open and transparent procurement process promoted by the Clean Energy Council to all solar providers (local and national) to participate.
What was considered when selecting this solar supplier?
Whilst cost was an important factor in the supplier selection process, minimum requirements on the quality of materials and installers was also of high importance. Prospective companies needed to:
- Be a signatory to the Clean Energy Council’s Approved Retailer http://www.solaraccreditation.com.au/retailers/approved-solar-retailers.html
- offer high quality products which are independently assessed for quality and performance;
- demonstrate previous bulk buy/aggregated purchases and demonstrate their ability to managevolume; and
- demonstrate the internal capacity/systems to meet service requirements including customer service and program reporting requirements.Solar panel system components (like any other household equipment or appliance) vary in terms of quality and are not all alike. We are confident that the systems being offered as part of this initiative are good quality for a competitive price. The panels and inverters have all been independently assessed by the Alternative Technology Association (ATA) and financial checks have been conducted to ensure the financial viability of the solar PV supplier.
Solar panels – 25 year performance warranty, 10 year product warranty
Inverter – 10 year warranty
Workmanship/installation – 10 year warranty
We partner with: