Warrnambool and Positive Charge
Positive Charge welcomed Warrnambool City Council in 2018.
We are working together to support households and businesses install solar, through a tried and tested supplier. Positive Charge has selected a solar supplier through an open to tender process. Products, services, warranties, service record and longevity of the company were all reviewed before suppliers were selected, to make it easy for you to find someone you can trust. These systems not only mean that you pay less on your electricity bill by supplying renewable energy to your home, but also come with a 25 year warranty on output of the panels and a ten year warranty on the inverter as well as the installation.
To read more about the offer and sign up for a quote visit our solar information page here.
Positive Charge exists to assist residents and council staff with reducing their energy consumption and living healthier and more energy efficient lives. Positive Charge will provide up-to-date and impartial energy efficiency and renewable energy advice and one-to-one support for the householders, businesses, schools and council staff. So if you are a Warrnambool resident, business owner or staff member and need help managing your energy usage then please call and/or sign up to our monthly e-news.
Why is Warrnambool doing this?
Working with Positive Charge aligns with the Green Warrnambool Plan:
- This is the new Council Environmental Sustainability strategy based on community aspirations. Warrnambool aims to be “the most sustainable regional city in Australia”
- As part of the Green Warrnambool strategy six different goals were developed, one of them is the Zero Warrnambool “ Warrnambool will have zero net greenhouse gas emissions by 2040”, “ Warrnambool will reduce its citywide emissions by 20% by 2026”. There is an expectation from our community to act against climate change as well as the rise on power prices.
Sustainability Programs in Warrnambool
- Cities Power Partnership and Take 2
- Warrnambool City Council is committed to implement actions to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Environmental Upgrade Agreements
- Warrnambool City Council is now offering the opportunity for businesses in the municipality to get access to a loan for energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades.
- Green Businesses:
- This is an opportunity for small to medium scale businesses to get access to a free “sustainability assessment” which will provide guidance on energy efficiencies and sustainability practices for their business. The goal is to help them to reduce their carbon footprint and save money on utility bills at the same time.
As well as on line information and advice and a free home energy helpline Positive Charge delivers workshops for householders and businesses in Warrnambool.