Due to an overwhelming uptake of the State Government’s solar PV rebate (over 30,000 applications!) – applications have now closed.
But rest assured, you haven’t missed out – they’ll be back open on the 1st of July 2019.
In fact, there’ll be even more rebates on offer from 1st July onwards including:
- Interest-free loans – so you can get solar at no upfront cost
- Solar battery rebate – 50% rebate up to $4,838 for a battery storage unit
- Solar for renters rebate – details still to come
Please note, the rebate for solar hot water and hot water heat pumps is STILL open.
NB: Households can only access one rebate under the solar homes package (i.e. a household that accesses a Solar PV rebate cannot claim a solar hot water rebate and vice versa).
How will the rebate work when it’s re-opened?
When applications re-open on 1 July 2019, Solar Victoria will be implementing a point-of-sale rebate scheme. This means that you must apply for and receive eligibility confirmation before signing a contract with a solar retailer. Once installation is confirmed, the rebate and/or loan will be paid to the solar retailer and deducted from the system price. If you install a solar PV system without receiving eligibility confirmation, you will be unable to claim a rebate.
How much is the rebate?
The solar panel rebate allows you to save 50% off the cost of a solar power system – up to $2,225!
Am I eligible for the rebate?
You’re eligible for the rebate if you meet the following criteria:
- have a combined household taxable income of less than $180,000 per annum
- are an owner-occupier of a property valued at under $3,000,000
- do not already have a solar PV system installed on their property (or installed your system before November 1, 2009)*
- choose a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product and use a CEC Approved Solar Retailer
- engage an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe prosecution in the past three years
*If you already have a solar power system installed, you may be eligible to claim the solar battery rebate opening on the 1st July 2019.
So, should I wait until 1st of July?
Now is a great time to start exploring solar for your home and make sure you’re ready when rebates open again from 1st of July.
If you don’t fit the eligibility criteria and can’t claim a rebate – there’s no need to wait.
Make sure you choose a reliable system for your home
There are a lot of shonky solar systems out there! Make sure you’re choosing a reliable system that’ll be worry-free.
We can put you in touch with trusted and reputable solar suppliers who meet all the criteria for the solar rebate.
They can provide you with a quote to see if solar is right for your home– no strings attached!
And don’t forget our team of energy experts are here to support you throughout your journey. We’re available during business hours on 1300 23 68 55 or via email here.