Positive Charge for schools, kindergartens and childcare centres is as easy as 123!
There are many ways a school or early learning centre can save money and be more sustainable, on a daily basis. For the greatest outcomes we recommend that you involve children in taking action and embracing sustainable practices.
Independent tailored advice
We know from experience that every school and early learning centre is a little different. That’s why we provide tailored advice that’s just right for your school or centre.
- A free independent solar assessment
- On-site assessment for lighting upgrades from our partner supplier
- Advice on the most cost-effective energy efficiency options and the best sized solar systems
- Three obligation-free quotes from our carefully selected suppliers, including estimates on how much your centre can save.
This will ensure you understand the steps you can take to do the right thing for our environment and your school’s bottom line.
Help you identify and obtain financing
We can help you explore the different funding options available to schools and early learning centres. With a changing funding environment we keep our eyes on the latest opportunities so you don’t have to.
With over five years experience under our belt we can recommend a range of top-quality suppliers for lighting and solar. We’ve done an extensive review of products to find the best balance of price, quality and service and can link you to trusted suppliers.
First steps – Simple ways to save
Making your school or early learning centre more sustainable does not simply have to involve heating, cooling or lighting, it also encompasses many other actions to reduce waste and resources.
Just some of the simple things a school can do:
- Turn lights off in every empty room no matter the time of day
- Turn air conditioners off (from heating or cooling) when the classroom is empty
- Turn off computers when not in use
- Turn off printers when not in use
- Set security lighting on triggers or timers, so that it is not on all the time
- Use recycled paper towels instead of electric hand dryers in toilets
- Use economical toilet flush systems
- Review the timers set on water heaters
- Recycle rainwater
- Use recycled notebooks and stationery
- Only use exactly the amount of water needed for drinks
- Draught proof windows and doors
- Insulate the roof spaces
- Shade north and wast facing windows in summer
- Use energy efficient LED light globes – we can help you find a trusted supplier
A good way to engage pupils is to launch a competition for the best energy saving ideas; a school which involves pupils will achieve a greener way of operating much faster and for much longer.
Bigger Steps – How Positive Charge can help
Once energy usage has been brought down by taking simple actions we recommend installing solar. Schools and early learning centres are ideal for using solar, as their hours of operation match the hours that solar power is generated. When you can use the power at the time it is created then it is free! Positive Charge can help by…
- Providing independent tailored advice
- Helping you identify and obtain financing where available
- Linking you to tried and tested suppliers for solar, LED lighting, draught proofing and insulation
- Helping promote your school or early learning centre as a local sustainability champion
This service is available for all primary schools, high schools, kindergarten and child care centres.
Ready to talk to a Positive Charge expert to see how we can help?
Call us on 1300 23 68 55 or email us